Hiring new employees can be complex and time-consuming. Best practices can help, but you need a new employee as quickly as possible. You need the paperless advantage.
Understanding the Problem
When hiring a new employee, you wade through applications and resumes. You interview a few candidates who seem like they’d fit the needs of your restaurant. You make an offer. Now, you have to get your new employee onboard. It’s a tedious, paper-consuming process that takes hours away from your many other duties. It doesn’t have to be that way.
A variety of “best practices” can help you streamline your hiring. Forbes’ Gauri Sharma offers up these suggestions:
- Network to identify possible employees.
- Look for the traits that make your employees successful.
- Test how candidates respond to a simulated day-to-day task.
- Pay attention to candidates’ communications skills.
- Inform candidates about the current challenges your restaurant is facing.
- Select members of your team to help you vet prospective employees.
- Create a hiring agenda to streamline the hiring process.
- Always check the candidates’ references before making an offer.
- Be upfront with “leap-of-faith candidates,” so they know what you expect of them.
Inc.’s Christine Lagorio-Chafkin says, “Even if you don’t have an HR department, having solid human-resources policies is essential from day one.” You need company policies and procedures. You need face-time with new hires. You need to provide thorough instructions to get them up to speed. Of course, when you’re a busy manager running a restaurant you want to place new staff as quickly as possible. Best practices are probably the last thing on your mind. What you really need is a solution.
The Red Book Connect Solution
Red Book Connect offers real, cloud-based solutions to your management problems, including hiring and onboarding, which gives you the paperless advantage and so much more! Our solution empowers you to:
- Post your advertisement to hundreds of job boards with one click,
- Create a branded career-site for your restaurant,
- Rank applicants based on specific criteria,
- Comply with HR laws and regulations,
- Screen the backgrounds of applicants,
- Fill out tax forms online and more.
By using Red Book Connect’s solution, you can:
- Make better informed hiring decisions,
- Hire more qualified applicants,
- Reduce hiring costs by as much as 60%,
- Automate tedious, time-consuming tasks, and
- Organize and simplify your hiring processes.
If you want to see for yourself what our hiring solution can do, you need to watch this quick testimonial. Then, request a free demo! If you really want to streamline your hiring process, ask about the three-in-one solution.