It’s that time of year again! Time to get out the decorations and holiday music and make your business look festive. Although this might be the busiest time of year, there is still plenty of competition out there. So how do you drive traffic into your store or restaurant besides painting your windows with holiday cheer? Below are 5 marketing tips to ensure the holiday traffic moves through your business, rather than passes you by.
1) Bring the holiday cheer to your social media sites. Change your pictures to festive holiday photos. Consistently post about specials, discounts, and freebies that your business will have throughout the holiday season.
2) What do customers look for most during the holiday season? A GREAT DEAL! Whether you manage a restaurant or retail store, make sure you have daily or weekly deals. These deals should be promoted outside your business windows, through social media sites, on your website, text and email marketing, and print advertising in local holiday guides, community magazines, etc.
3) Text and Email your opt-in customers with special holiday greetings. Those who have opted-in to receive texts and emails from you will be thrilled to get a holiday greeting with a special coupon included. Spread the joy and give them an additional coupon that they can send to a friend.
4) Promote to local companies. Whether you are a restaurant promoting a special for company holiday parties, or a retail business giving a special discount for those that work for that company, you are bound to drive more traffic to your business during those weekday lunch hours.
5) Benefit from the extra holiday traffic year round. This is the perfect time of year to start a loyalty program if you don’t already have one. Ask new customers that come into your business during the holidays to sign up for your loyalty program so that you can send them information on specials and discounts all year-long. Want to start a loyalty program and don’t know how? Check out the Macromatix Loyalty and Stored Value Solution which includes all the functionality necessary to run a successful program.
May your business flourish with increased sales and increased customers this holiday season. Happy holidays from Red Book Connect!
Jodi Sabol | Marketing Consultant | Red Book Connect